1. The Misenheimer library is open. We are currently open 8am-11pm Mon-Thu, 8am-5pm Fri, and 5pm-11pm Sun when classes are in session and M-F 8am-5pm during breaks.
Anyone who is not a Pfeiffer student, faculty or staff must call for an
appointment. We will offer curbside service for non-Pfeiffer visitors.
3. Students, faculty or staff who need books but are not comfortable spending time in the building can request the books they need. We will pull them and make them available for quick pickup at the desk or bring them outside to your car. (We can also send them by campus mail to faculty and staff.) The book drop outside will be open 24-7 for returns. If you are fully online and need books mailed to you, we will do that as well. If you are in quarantine, we can have books delivered to your dorm.
4. Our seating has been rearranged to allow for social distancing. Study tables have one chair each, and soft seating has some seats blocked off. The Little room on the 2nd floor with the cloth chairs and couches has been temporarily converted to a classroom and outfitted with desks and chairs; however, it can be used for studying when there are no classes in it. We regret that we cannot provide group study space this year with the need for social distancing.
5. Interlibrary loan has resumed. Borrowing physical items may take a little longer than usual as some libraries are closed or limiting borrowing.
6. Librarian assistance will be available to students in several ways:
• Telephone: Misenheimer 704-463-3350
• Online ask-a-librarian service: 24-7, available from our website
can schedule consultations with you via Zoom, FaceTime, Google Hangouts, etc.; just
email or call to set this up.
Tutorial | Archives | General Information | Friends of the Library | Contact | University Home