1. The Misenheimer library is now open by appointment only. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to get books and we will arrange to meet you in the library. The Charlotte library will be closed while classes are online with occasional exceptions.
2. All of our online resources will of course remain available. Your off-campus username/password is the same as for Blackboard. If you have trouble with your password, please fill out the database registration form. Charter/Spectrum is offering FREE broadband/wifi for 60 days if you don't have it.
3. We will mail books to students as needed. Due dates will be extended as needed and fines will be waived. If you are on campus and have books to return, just drop them in the book drop outside the building. If you are home, you can either mail books to us or just return them the next time you are on campus.
4. Interlibrary loan of articles will remain available, to the extent that other libraries can fill the requests electronically, as many are closed or operating on reduced hours. Please understand that it may take a little longer than usual. Interlibrary loan of physical items is not available, as the majority of libraries have closed their buildings.
5. Librarian assistance will be available to students in several ways:
• Email: Misenheimer email@example.com, Charlotte firstname.lastname@example.org
• Call/Text: Misenheimer 704-762-1488 Sun-Fri 10am-7pm
• Online ask-a-librarian service: 24-7, available from our website
can schedule consultations with you via Zoom, FaceTime, Google Hangouts, etc.; just
email or text to set this up.
Misenheimer library whiteboards are being moved to the Stokes kiosk,
and our laptops will be available for checkout from the Student
Tutorial | Archives | General Information | Friends of the Library | Contact | University Home